Before you get started
- You need to be 18 or over. If you are under 18, you or your guardian(s) will need to complete the paper-based form and your guardian(s) will be required to sign the application and provide their identity documents. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance.
- You will need your IRD number. You can find it on your payslip or by contacting the Inland Revenue Department.
- You must read the current Lifestages KiwiSaver Product Disclosure Statement dated 26 August 2019 for information about the objectives and characteristics of the Lifestages KiwiSaver Scheme including the various investment options, how you can make changes to your selected investment option(s), and the fees that may apply. You must download the Product Disclosure Statement at the bottom of this page before starting this application.
- If you are already a Lifestages KiwiSaver Scheme member, you can change your investment profile at any time here.
- This application requires you to select your investment profile. You can work out your investment risk preference before you start by using our risk profile questionnaire here.
- We will need to verify your proof of address and identification before we process your application. Please have your identification documents, such as your drivers licence or passport at hand. Alternatively, you can skip this for now and and we can contact you later to verify your proof of address and identification.
- Your draft application will be held in our system for seven days.
What happens after you complete the application form?
We will be in contact with you if we need further information to process your application. This may include verifying your proof of address and identification.
You will be automatically set up with online access so that you can see your investment balance and other information about your Lifestages Kiwisaver Scheme investment. We will set you up with an online access profile and temporary password and will be in touch with you to help you complete the online access steps.
You can join KiwiSaver if you’re both:
- a New Zealand citizen, or entitled to live in New Zealand indefinitely; and
- you live or normally live in New Zealand.
You cannot join KiwiSaver if you have a temporary, visitor, work or student visa.